New Member - Need Snapper Help

BobbyFord

Threads
Started taking the old motor apart to swap the head, carb, intake, ignition, etc.
As you can see in the pics, the ignition, sheet metal and who knows what else are totally different. The block doesn't even sit flush on the mower deck. I can only believe at this point that I was instructed to buy the wrong short block.
A total waste of time and money.
Anybody want to buy this short block? I have no idea what it really fits. 799983 short block.

wingless

Threads
That is too bad.

This reply has a source that appears to have an engine that will work.

BobbyFord

Threads
Here is the complete 2016/16 B&S master catalog.

The vertical shaft engines start on page 79. The first two engines list Snapper application, one has a 7/8" shaft, the other has a 25mm shaft.

Any B&S dealer will identify the current models that will fit the application.

I contacted B&S directly and told there was currently no available replacement motor for my application .

wingless

Threads
I contacted B&S directly and told there was currently no available replacement motor for my application .
What's wrong w/ the 126M02-1015-F1 (7/8" shaft) or the 126M02-1625-F1/1031-F1 (25mm shaft), or the current versions?

Those are made for Snapper decks.

Threads
I am the one that told about that short block... You gave the numbers for it and I found the block.. I was going on info that you gave me.......

I see now that you have put a picture up of your mower that you have a 3 1/2 hp or 4 HP engine on your mower.....

I have a engine just like yours on your snapper Cam driven sprocket though for a self propelled mower...

Every one on here thought you had a 6 Hp. engine...

BobbyFord

Threads
I am the one that told about that short block... You gave the numbers for it and I found the block.. I was going on info that you gave me.......

I see now that you have put a picture up of your mower that you have a 3 1/2 hp or 4 HP engine on your mower.....

I have a engine just like yours on your snapper Cam driven sprocket though for a self propelled mower...

Every one on here thought you had a 6 Hp. engine...

It's a '92 V212 3.5hp.
I'm going to see if I can get my original engine rebuilt.
The 6hp paperweight will go into my recycling bin.