New Member - Need Snapper Help

Threads
Hold on to that short block.. Either me or someone else will need it soon in the future..... If I need it I'll make sure you don't lose money on it..........

Those blocks are getting hard to find.......

wingless

Threads
What's wrong w/ the 126M02-1015-F1 (7/8" shaft) or the 126M02-1625-F1/1031-F1 (25mm shaft), or the current versions?

Those are made for Snapper decks.
Too short.
Don't those engines have 3-5/32" shafts? If so, what shaft length is required?

Mine looks to be about that length.

35504037894_f6c77bd0e8_b.jpg

BobbyFord

Threads
Don't those engines have 3-5/32" shafts? If so, what shaft length is required?

Mine looks to be about that length.

35504037894_f6c77bd0e8_b.jpg

Yes, 7/8”X3-5/32”
I’m getting leery of the info I’m getting. I’ve already said I know nothing about mowers. I build cars and motorcycles. I’ve spent money here in the wrong direction. I’m going to take this pile of parts to the family owned mower shop that sold this Snapper in 1992. I’m going to go with whatever he says.

Threads
Bobby I am going to apologize one more time for the wrong block..... You gave us the info on the mower deck not the Engine Model number..... If you would have posted the engine numbers we would have known right away what you needed.....

I wish you would have put a picture up of your mower at the start of your thread..... On here we go by what people tell us.... Some people make a video and post it....

Like everyone says on here, we are not there with you to see what you have or hear a problem....... You wanted a replacement and your engine ran great.... But smoked a lil bit . I advised you to put a heavier oil in it for a temporary fix.

In post 19 you posted a link to engine that was 8.5 gross torque with a 7/8 dia shaft 3 5/32 long...... The block you got has the same measurements.....

Like I said earlier one of us will need that block soon.... Heck if I had the money now I would take it off your hands..... I just made a 600 dollar order from my wholesale parts warehouse so that blew my wallet wide open......

Your local shop has used parts to put on that block.... That block doesn't need many parts so it will be worth it and you are gonna have a new stronger engine, for cheaper than rebuilding your old one....

Plus Tard Mon Ami ..........

BobbyFord

Threads
Bobby I am going to apologize one more time for the wrong block..... You gave us the info on the mower deck not the Engine Model number..... If you would have posted the engine numbers we would have known right away what you needed.....

I wish you would have put a picture up of your mower at the start of your thread..... On here we go by what people tell us.... Some people make a video and post it....

Like everyone says on here, we are not there with you to see what you have or hear a problem....... You wanted a replacement and your engine ran great.... But smoked a lil bit . I advised you to put a heavier oil in it for a temporary fix.

In post 19 you posted a link to engine that was 8.5 gross torque with a 7/8 dia shaft 3 5/32 long...... The block you got has the same measurements.....

Like I said earlier one of us will need that block soon.... Heck if I had the money now I would take it off your hands..... I just made a 600 dollar order from my wholesale parts warehouse so that blew my wallet wide open......

Your local shop has used parts to put on that block.... That block doesn't need many parts so it will be worth it and you are gonna have a new stronger engine, for cheaper than rebuilding your old one....

Plus Tard Mon Ami ..........

Thanks, bud. I’m just frustrated right now but I’ll get this thing ironed out.

BobbyFord

Threads
Runs awesome! I still have to paint the Snapper letters on the front and I'm waiting on some decals that I ordered online.

wingless

Threads
Looks great, good job.

This shows how I painted my letters.

36376841335_9e75e343c3_b.jpg

wingless

Threads
Glad to help.

Ensure the roller is not overly saturated with paint.

My white paint overflow down on the red were immediately cleaned using swabs w/ WD-40.

BobbyFord

Threads
Glad to help.

Ensure the roller is not overly saturated with paint.

My white paint overflow down on the red were immediately cleaned using swabs w/ WD-40.

Good to know. Thanks.