New Member - Need Snapper Help

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
The warehouse they are talking about is not theirs but someone they buy from. It will be drop shipped directly from it. So your worries are not really necessary at this point. Just get them the numbers when it comes in and goes from there.

BobbyFord

Threads
The warehouse they are talking about is not theirs but someone they buy from. It will be drop shipped directly from it. So your worries are not really necessary at this point. Just get them the numbers when it comes in and goes from there.
Ahh, makes sense. Thanks for the information.

BobbyFord

Threads
Well, I guess I'm going to bail out of this thing for now. The short block arrived and everything looks like it's going to work and fit except my exhaust. I contacted S.E.W. to get a muffler for the new short block. It seems like I'm talking to a twelve year old kid. He doesn't know what exhaust will fit the engine that I just bought from him. I gave him the engine tag number that came in the packet of new gaskets. I told him my old muffler was threaded and the new exhaust port is eye shaped with two bolt holes. I ordered a muffler today off of Amazon, just by picture.
This short block is black and I'm unable to get the black paint off. I asked for a return authorization and if they have unpainted short blocks.
I'll try to get another engine from somewhere else.
:frown:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well, I guess I'm going to bail out of this thing for now. The short block arrived and everything looks like it's going to work and fit except my exhaust. I contacted S.E.W. to get a muffler for the new short block. It seems like I'm talking to a twelve year old kid. He doesn't know what exhaust will fit the engine that I just bought from him. I gave him the engine tag number that came in the packet of new gaskets. I told him my old muffler was threaded and the new exhaust port is eye shaped with two bolt holes. I ordered a muffler today off of Amazon, just by picture.
This short block is black and I'm unable to get the black paint off. I asked for a return authorization and if they have unpainted short blocks.
I'll try to get another engine from somewhere else.
:frown:

Black engine will run cooler than an unpainted engine. Unless you just hate black I would go with it.
http://www.offroaders.com/tech/paint-it-black.htm

wingless

Threads
This web site lists the current B&S engines.

This B&S engine looks like is could work. It doesn't list all the info, so a phone call might be required.
Why not contact this vendor to obtain the detailed specifications to see if this complete engine will work?

Threads
Which place you talking about Blaze ?? S.E.W. ??

BobbyFord

Threads
Ha! Well, I got the black paint off and decided to go ahead with the short block replacement.
I ordered a 692038 muffler and I'll use the deflector from the OE muffler. I have a little time now that I've finished my masonry project in the backyard.
My plan is to get the deck blasted and prepared for a fresh coat of paint. Does anyone know where to get replacement Snapper decals or if they are even available? I'd like to keep the equipment number sticker on it if possible. If I can't get a replacement decal I'll just sand and primer the deck and mask off the original decal.

BobbyFord

Threads
Pretty ugly to start with...

Getting better...

Other parts are out at the sandblaster.