New Member - Need Snapper Help

Threads
This shows the Snapper engine bolt pattern.

36376841885_020fd697c2_b.jpg

That is a great looking mower... And WELL made too... I did a Spring tune up on one like that, but with a engine on it LOL..

I like the drive system on it... It's the same as the rear riders with the drive plate and rubber tire/wheel on it...

The one I worked on was 12 years old and started first or 2nd pull every year........

The owner uses NON FART gas in everything he owns... He says if he wants corn he's gonna grow some and boil it to eat with Crawfish in a Crawfish Boil ~!~!

BobbyFord

Threads
Bobby Ford if your engine is just burning a lil bit of oil you should be good on that engine for a another season... Just put in some 40 WT. oil in it Straight 40 should do you good..... Or 50..... Race cars and certain engines that burn a lil oil works good with the heavy oil....

I knew a Bobby Ford in South Louisiana years ago.. He owned a trucking company in Abbeville La. Any relation ??

The spring is easily replaced....... Your shaft is 7/8 in. more than likely on that mower....

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!

No relation. Thanks for the info, buddy.

Thanks everyone.

BobbyFord

Threads
The inside end of the spring was all bent to hell. The witness marks on the inside hub indicates that maybe the spring was previously installed incorrectly.
Does this look right?

wingless

Threads
When I replaced the engine on my Snapper self propelled 21" walk behind I purchased the replacement from Northern Tool.
This shows the Snapper engine bolt pattern.

36376841885_020fd697c2_b.jpg
That is a great looking mower... And WELL made too... I did a Spring tune up on one like that, but with a engine on it LOL..
Thanks much.

My linked topic shows the complete machine restoration.
Here are their Vertical Shaft Briggs and Stratton Engines. They also offer Honda engines.
There is one linked Briggs and Stratton engine that would be a good choice for these Hi Vac machines than the other linked B&S engines and all those linked Honda engines.

Most of the B&S engines and all those Honda engines all dump the exhaust at the Hi Vac chute, That one B&S engine dumps the exhaust at the opposite side. The hot exhaust might be problematic w/ the plastic chute and the nylon bag.

BobbyFord

Threads
Thanks much.

My linked topic shows the complete machine restoration. There is one linked Briggs and Stratton engine that would be a good choice for these Hi Vac machines than the other linked B&S engines and all those linked Honda engines.

Most of the B&S engines and all those Honda engines all dump the exhaust at the Hi Vac chute, That one B&S engine dumps the exhaust at the opposite side. The hot exhaust might be problematic w/ the plastic chute and the nylon bag.

I believe the shaft on mine is over 3” in length, the one you linked shows 1-13/16

wingless

Threads
Yes, the 1-13/16" shaft is too short.

Their web site doesn't show an appropriate engine. They should be able to get the correct engine.

All those engines are drop shipped from the manufacturer anyway, so a slightly different model shouldn't be an issue.

BobbyFord

Threads
Yes, the 1-13/16" shaft is too short.

Their web site doesn't show an appropriate engine. They should be able to get the correct engine.

All those engines are drop shipped from the manufacturer anyway, so a slightly different model shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks

wingless

Threads
This web site lists the current B&S engines.

This B&S engine looks like is could work. It doesn't list all the info, so a phone call might be required.

wingless

Threads
The exhaust is on the wrong side.