Revs too high

hrdman2luv

Threads
Well, I think the catastrophe is over. Finally. I took the stuff (bowl gasket, O ring and needle) out of the new (bad carb) and put into one that I'd cleaned a few weeks ago (and had in storage). It reved up and down at high idle for about a minute. I shut it off, kicked and cussed a little bit. Then cranked it back up.
And high idle or low, it ran smooth. It idled down, way down, without dying. Revved way up with surging.

Still scratching my head about it. But it would seem that it's fixed.

Knocking on wood... (ouch)

Last edited:
Threads
Ok i didn't look over the last 3 pages to look for it......... Did you ever take the welch plug out of the carb and soak it in a ultra sonic bath ?????

I had one surging on me until I finally took that damn thing out and got it soaked in my regular chem dip all day .............

Then pressed a new one in and GLORY BE it was a huge difference ~!~!

hrdman2luv

Threads
Ok i didn't look over the last 3 pages to look for it......... Did you ever take the welch plug out of the carb and soak it in a ultra sonic bath ?????

I had one surging on me until I finally took that damn thing out and got it soaked in my regular chem dip all day .............

Then pressed a new one in and GLORY BE it was a huge difference ~!~!

I usually don't mess with those if the rest of the carb is clean. I could've been just lucky, but every plug I've ever taken out of a fairly clean carb, I found the crevice behind the welsh plug to be clean as well.

The crevice behind the welsh plug is for gas or air?