Buying Advice Sweet Deal on D105?

robstapp1985

Forum Newbie
Threads
So I am in the market for a new riding mower. It seems that JD has the best warranty out there. My local dealer is looking to clear the D mowers and is offering $100 off and Extended Warranty Free so that it will be 3-year/300-hour. We have been averaging 40 hours per year on our 1.2 acre lot. So the mower is $1499 so is that a good deal and how good was the warranty? Thanks

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
From what I have found $1499 is what everyone is selling them for. Good warranty.

TJR345

Threads
The problem with the D series is they sell them cheap but won't give you anything for trade.A lot of dealers won't take them in on trade,just keep that in mine if you decide to up grade to x3xx series.

cruzenmike

Threads
If I am not mistaken, the e100 (new 2018 model) starts off at $1499 as well. They made some decent improvements over this model year. As for the warranty, it is nice to have that extra year, but if something is going to fail I would think it would happen in the first year or 4 years out?

bakerg

Lawn Addict
Threads
When I bought my D110 a few years back, I found that Lowes sold it cheaper then a JD dealer in my area. All warranty service is done by that same dealer. Salesman at dealership told me he could not beat Lowes price and I should buy it there as it was the same model that he sold.