Stihl EasyStart

EvCox

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi -- Ev Cox from central Ohio with a Stihl MS180C chainsaw with Easy2Start. That feature involves an additional coil spring which gets wound up by the pull-cord and then supplies the power to start the engine. Great feature!!! as I am old with medical issues.

First 2+ years the saw performed exactly as advertised. With only my 'pinky' finger, I could slowly pull the start cord (without fighting the engine compression) about 18 inches and then the EasyStart spring would kick in and crank the engine.

Now it acts like the EasyStart feature is not there. The engine tries to crank as soon as the starter rope is pulled.
Hope someone can advise how to get the EasyStart working again. I really need it.

Thanks

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
As much as I hate to say it, you will most likely need to take it to the shop.
By all means pull the starter off and clean it out as sawdust can accumulate in there and clog things up.
If that does not do the job then it is shop time.

AS you get older you skin gets a lot thinner so the spring unwinding that 10 years ago just stung, now days can leave you with deep and dangerous cuts.
If you do take it in for repairs, take the whole saw, not just the pull start as the tech can not test it properly without the saw on the other end.

Morganfd9

Threads
As much as I hate to say it, you will most likely need to take it to the shop.
By all means pull the starter off and clean it out as sawdust can accumulate in there and clog things up.
If that does not do the job then it is shop time.

AS you get older you skin gets a lot thinner so the spring unwinding that 10 years ago just stung, now days can leave you with deep and dangerous cuts.
If you do take it in for repairs, take the whole saw, not just the pull start as the tech can not test it properly without the saw on the other end.

Yes take it to a dealer.

I have a ms250 easy start, I’ve never had any trouble with it, but I rarely use it