XW2503 cuts belt

Puggly

Forum Newbie
Threads
The belt that engages the blades keeps breaking. It looks like it is getting cut and looks melted. The spindle, post, that holds the two wheels that pivot with the belt has nothing to hold the wheel bracket on or down. This bracket, wheel assemble can move up and down on the post, so could this allow the belt to slip between the wheels and get cut? :confused:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Pulleys are only supposed to go round and round not any other direction.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It would make things a lot easier if we all sing from the same song sheet
How about this one View attachment 2001-XW-deck.pdf

:welcome:

Now if this is your deck then the PTO tensioning pulleys are held in place by the washer part # 42 and the R clip part # 6
The pulleys # 47 & # 50 have deep lips to keep the belt running on the pulley and the top plate part 48 has some belt keepers welded to the underside.
From memory one of these pulleys was originally plastic and the lips wear off, the replacements are full steel.

If this is not your deck then we need to know all of the details from the compliance plate so we can look up the correct parts manual.

The parts manuals are a FREE download from Dixie and you would do well to download a copy and use the names on the parts list to avoid confusion.

Puggly

Forum Newbie
Threads
I don't see any washer or R clips, the top plate is just sitting on the post. I did try to get the manuel, and I will try again..... Thanks!