Honda HRR216 K2 won’t start without starter fluid

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / Honda HRR216 K2 won’t start without starter fluid
I am attaching a diagram of how all the gaskets go. I do not think you have them correct. The metal plate I do not believe goes where you have it. The other picture I asked for is because no gasket that I can tell goes over that hole.
honda 2.jpg

Magnus Greel

Threads
The black gasket was okay to reuse from the filter box.

Attachments

• DC3C982D-A416-420C-B96C-C531AAF6B00B.jpg
    DC3C982D-A416-420C-B96C-C531AAF6B00B.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 5

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
This is why I do not normally help with Honda's. I am always wrong with them. It looks ok from the new picture. Thanks.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
From the photo, remove rod from lever B then pull rod (towards right on photo) choke should close, if so check to see if lever can go more to right on photo, it seems that it is at its MAX so therefore can't go anymore to be able to pull the choke on...!

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 10

Magnus Greel

Threads
From the photo, remove rod from lever B then pull rod (towards right on photo) choke should close, if so check to see if lever can go more to right on photo, it seems that it is at its MAX so therefore can't go anymore to be able to pull the choke on...!

The choke does close if the rod is pulled to the right. Also, there is some play in the lever, it can go further right. I think the lever is not getting fully activated by the throttle body when the Throttle Control Lever is pushed all the way forward into the Choke position.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Are there two holes in the plastic activator cam on top of the carb...? if so have you put the choke rod in the wrong hole in the plastic activator cam.

Magnus Greel

Threads
Are there two holes in the plastic activator cam on top of the carb...? if so have you put the choke rod in the wrong hole in the plastic activator cam.

No, just the one hole. I replaced the old carb that had a drain bolt at the bottom for one that does not. It just has one hole.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
So unless you are going to take it into a shop, the only other way is to remove the rod, put throttle control lever in the choke position, put the choke closed on the carb and measure the distance between the two holes where the rod was and make a new rod to fit.

Magnus Greel

Threads
So unless you are going to take it into a shop, the only other way is to remove the rod, put throttle control lever in the choke position, put the choke closed on the carb and measure the distance between the two holes where the rod was and make a new rod to fit.

I've resigned myself to take it into the shop. Hopefully it won't be too much to correct it. I'm going to give it one more try tonight.

Davedn

Forum Newbie
Threads
What was outcome? Even if taken to the ship, how did they repair? Thx