My father ripped out the PTO wires...

Seg_Vance

Forum Newbie
Threads
My father ripped out the PTO wires... I can't for the life of me figure out where to reconnect it.
These forums seem like a good starting place to get some help, so help a brother out plz!

Husqvarna YTH24V48 with the Kohler SVT725 motor. Think I bought it back in 2014ish, I don't really remember.

i.imgur.com/M4DWIR0.jpg
i.imgur.com/38bNNB4.jpg

Thanks a bunch!

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Looks like you got lucky. Sometimes it pulls the wires out of the clutch itself, which almost always results in needing a new clutch. there should be about a 1 inch hole either around the area of the starter or the oil filter on the other side that comes up through the frame. Normally will have a protective plastic ring to prevent wire abrasion. there will be a connector in that area that has a perpendular shape to it. That is where the wires will reconnect.

The main thing is you will need to find the part that keeps the clutch from spinning and pulling out the wires. I suspect it came out or worn and has let the clutch spin on the shaft allowing it to pull the wires out. if you look at the holes=slots around the triangle edge of the clutch you will find one that has wear in that area. that wear area will correspond with a antispin device that is probably missing, broke or worn in two.

Seg_Vance

Forum Newbie
Threads
My hero! I checked all the connectors there and can't figure out which one it was ripped from.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
It is a T shaped connected that should be just above the frame toward the back corners of the engine. the connector could also be under the frame, but there will be wires that go through a hole as described before.

Luffydog

Threads
Might want to take time to fix that oil leak you have in pic #2