Lawnboy 10330

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I just fix em , I don't collect , no space with all the old motorcycle parts I have acquired over the decades, but I am on a 1/2 dozen old mower forums , principally for the purpose of information mining.
And yes I have repaired a few Lawn Boys for collectors who are mechanically challenged.
Like everything from the past, there is a sort of a buzz from bringing them back to life & using them.
Comparred to what we had over here most LB's are heavy & clunky to use, but then again so are all my pre WWII motorcycles and you love them for what they are, not what they are not.

Collecting old mowers is a lot of fun ( for most ) but can become dangerously addictive.
Then again driving all the way across the country to get your hands on a rare one can be quite a fun & rewarding holiday.
A day spent at a field display is liquise a good day out regardless of which side of the fence you are standing.

mikehouse

Threads
Okay gents,this is what i got for you.Used the Lawnboy for the first time today.Pros=lighter than my Craftsman.Rear s-p is very good for the steep sides of my yard.The side discharge was like a blower too.Cons=Didn't cut as good as i thought(blade change),but not bad.Louder than my other.Starts up 1-2 pulls.I also did the 1/4 kerosene,3/4 oil mix to clean the engine.It works!!! Shudda seen the emissions.In all fairness i'll get that blade and it'll probably be just as good as new.Gentlemen,thank you for the knowledge you've shared.I'll be looking for your posts all over from now on.Happy mowing.