What accessories to get?

TSR6

Threads
I may have narrowed it down to the John Deere X380 - and I'm looking for some further input.

Should I just go ahead and get the bagger right away? I mean, right now I either bag or mulch. Mostly mulch - but the bagging option is nice, and with two dogs and a toddler, it's sure nice to not have everyone drag grass clippings into the house.

Should I look at the mulch control and/or the bagger? or just stick with side discharge?

I'm also considering the multi-tool (aerator and dethatcher) as I have a LOT of work that needs to be done on my lawn - especially the back half. It looks like I spend $300 up front, or I spend $20/day with a $50 deposit anytime I want to rent one. If I do this twice a year, pretty easy to re-coup those costs. Thoughts?

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I may have narrowed it down to the John Deere X380 - and I'm looking for some further input.

Should I just go ahead and get the bagger right away? I mean, right now I either bag or mulch. Mostly mulch - but the bagging option is nice, and with two dogs and a toddler, it's sure nice to not have everyone drag grass clippings into the house.

Should I look at the mulch control and/or the bagger? or just stick with side discharge?

I'm also considering the multi-tool (aerator and dethatcher) as I have a LOT of work that needs to be done on my lawn - especially the back half. It looks like I spend $300 up front, or I spend $20/day with a $50 deposit anytime I want to rent one. If I do this twice a year, pretty easy to re-coup those costs. Thoughts?

Remember: any accy. puts an extra load on the entire mower, all the more reason to be sure you perform routine maint. to ensure a long life for your new machine,.. whatever you decide upon, BE SURE to get your MANUALS, owners, operator's, parts, AND service manuals, even if YOU don't use them, they are a valuable asset should you decide to sell it later, while the machine is new & CLEAN, .. write down the model & serial numbers of the mower AND the engine, include the same info. of Hydro units if a Zero turn mower, ( close-up pics work good ) store info. for future use, get out the camera and take pics of any DIS-assembly you perform, ( the JD manuals are excellent) but do NOT have pics of everything you might need. Should you ever need help from LMF, PLEASE be sure to include your machines info. JD X380 is a series, different models, have different components ( see example ) ..

GET INFO.JPG ......... Best of Luck ! .. :thumbsup:

cruzenmike

Threads
Battery tender, seat cover, brush guard