Looking at purchasing a X380 - soon. Thoughts?

TSR6

Threads
I think I'm sold on the mower.

I have 3 dealers I can get it from, all in stock.

Now, I'm debating on options and add-ons. With my current mower, it's a bag or mulch only push mower, no side discharge. I usually mulch the lawn, but with two dogs, and a toddler I'm debating on mulching versus bagging. My neighbor bags only because it saves them time from the kids/animals dragging grass into the house after mowing.

My other concern, I'm about 1-2" short for shed door width to get the mower into my shed with the grass deflector down, so which blade should I use on my sawzall to cut the opening???? I KID...I kid!!! I plan on rigging a rope/bungee or something to it to get in and out of the shed - but if I were to get the bagger, and with the turbo bagger that's needed, how wide is that off the mower? The guy at the store thought I'd have to remove it "for sure.." but also said it's no big deal to pull it off. Is it?

Or should I just mulch it and deal with the clippings and save the $$$$ on the whole bagger deal?

Also considering getting the thatcherator multi-tool. I can rent these from Home Depot at $20 with a $50 deposit required, or just buy one and have it. Any feedback on the JD Multi-tool unit?

Is there anything else I should consider, have the dealer do, or look into before I finalize this thing?

TJR345

Threads

Now, I'm debating on options and add-ons. With my current mower, it's a bag or mulch only push mower, no side discharge. I usually mulch the lawn, but with two dogs, and a toddler I'm debating on mulching versus bagging. My neighbor bags only because it saves them time from the kids/animals dragging grass into the house after mowing.

My other concern, I'm about 1-2" short for shed door width to get the mower into my shed with the grass deflector down, so which blade should I use on my sawzall to cut the opening???? I KID...I kid!!! I plan on rigging a rope/bungee or something to it to get in and out of the shed - but if I were to get the bagger, and with the turbo bagger that's needed, how wide is that off the mower? The guy at the store thought I'd have to remove it "for sure.." but also said it's no big deal to pull it off. Is it?

Or should I just mulch it and deal with the clippings and save the $$$$ on the whole bagger deal?

Also considering getting the thatcherator multi-tool. I can rent these from Home Depot at $20 with a $50 deposit required, or just buy one and have it. Any feedback on the JD Multi-tool unit?

Is there anything else I should consider, have the dealer do, or look into before I finalize this thing?

My 345 with 54" deck just fits with the chute up.The power flow goes on and off weekly.Very easy to do.I bag because with a dog and a pool I don't want grass in the pool or house.
As far as dethatching if your bagging you won't have much thatch build up.If your mulching then you'll get more build up.

Richandtd

Threads

11 years ago I bought a x324 for bagging I use the power flow and a dr vacuum behind me. I’ve recently couple years ago started cutting my 3 acres cutting right down the middle turning around blowing grass to the outside both ways all the way to the edges. I have not been catching grass and beautiful lawn that you don’t get grass on your feet walking the dog in the morning.