Non-starting issue Toro Wheelhorse

bluegirl

Threads
Toro Wheelhorse XL12-38. Had an issue earlier this summer with mower not starting and ended up cleaning the carb and replacing the broken gasket directly behind the carb.Tested with multimeter and it showed a charge. Charged the battery anyway (not convinced it was dead) since it wasn't getting any juice & started right up. Happy Bluegirl.
Haven't used it for a couple of weeks since it's dry right now. Hopped on yesterday, engine tried to start and then sounded like the battery was draining fast, then just clicking. Cleaned thoroughly the battery terminals and cables. Connection issue elsewhere? Where to start? Sad Bluegirl.

jeff

Threads
I would start by checking the starter solinoid. Then move to checking the starter for excessive amps.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hello bluegirl, & WELCOME to LMF...

Recharge your battery, check that it has water in it, if it is a serviceable battery...

If it starts & shows a charge while running, You well may have a bad battery, and it is not able to hold a charge... [How old is the battery?]...
Have to get your mower dependable so we will see a Happy bluegirl.... :smile:KennyV

bluegirl

Threads
I have had the mower for a few years now and bought it used. The battery is not serviceable that I can see, ie no caps to peer into. So it may just be the battery. Sounds like the easiest thing to fix at least. Happy bluegirl is good. Having a housesitter while away on vacation, so a dependable mower is key!

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
They should be able to do a load test on your battery in most auto parts stores that sell batteries. That will tell you if need a new battery or not.