Hydro Gear EZT 2200 How to inspect motor, pump, center section to diagnose?

Tomscog

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Hydro Gear EZT 2200 How to inspect motor, pump, center section to diagnose?
Hello!
I was reading a post about the EZT 2200 and rebuilding it but I can't seem to find it now. My question is how to know what needs replacing? My left rear trans was hardly working at all so I first changed the oil to see if that helped. Did not. So I started reading the forums and found one here talking about rebuilding it. I pulled the unit from my mower and took it all apart. The center section which seems to be the part which goes the most often, does not seem that bad. I heard if there are scrathes deep enough to catct a finger nail that is bad but mine is not that bad. How do I know if it is the motor or pump? They both look good, those little pistons are fine and the spring tension seems ok. It is a little rough on the motor side but don't know if it's bad emough to replace. Does anybody know how to inspect these parts to see if they are shot? I'm ready to buy parts but don't want to wast money on the wrong ones. Any help would be much appreciated! Tom

Attachments

• IMG_1797.JPG
    IMG_1797.JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1798.JPG
    IMG_1798.JPG
    130 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1801.JPG
    IMG_1801.JPG
    110.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1802.JPG
    IMG_1802.JPG
    131.5 KB · Views: 23

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hello!
I was reading a post about the EZT 2200 and rebuilding it but I can't seem to find it now. My question is how to know what needs replacing? My left rear trans was hardly working at all so I first changed the oil to see if that helped. Did not. So I started reading the forums and found one here talking about rebuilding it. I pulled the unit from my mower and took it all apart. The center section which seems to be the part which goes the most often, does not seem that bad. I heard if there are scrathes deep enough to catct a finger nail that is bad but mine is not that bad. How do I know if it is the motor or pump? They both look good, those little pistons are fine and the spring tension seems ok. It is a little rough on the motor side but don't know if it's bad emough to replace. Does anybody know how to inspect these parts to see if they are shot? I'm ready to buy parts but don't want to wast money on the wrong ones. Any help would be much appreciated! Tom

I personally have NO experience with this type of trans., I'm sure someone will chime in on this, as there are many techs here with the experience you seek. I can supply you with the shop manual.

http://www.hydro-gear.com/d90b596e0a_sites/hydro-gear.com/files/BLN-52622_P12.pdf

I too have run across the thread you spoke about, IF I can locate the post I will re-post it or lead you to it. ..:thumbsup:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
This is what a new one looks like.
center 1.jpgcenter 2.jpgcenter 3.jpg

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I did find that post you were looking for....... WHEW ! on the first forum page , at the top you'll see MEMBERS, click on that, in the lower RIGHT corner near top it says member search, click on that, in the pop-up search box enter ( members name ) nccole (all lower case) click on SEARCH, you'll see the name and then click on that, (LEFT upper corner) you will get to HIS profile page, scroll down on LEFT side of page, to find latest started THREADS, click on that, the 2 threads he started are there..... Hydro Gear EZT 2200 Rebuild the #2 post is what you were mentioning ... DAMN that was work !! .. ( LOL ) you may have to write this down or print it .......... SHEEESSH !!

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Tomscog

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank You! I will re-read it and hopefully get an answer...