Amsoil Saber

Ava.Feret

Threads
Has anyone tried the Saber Oil by Amsoil?
I see you can run your equipment at higher ratios. Like 85 or 100 to one.
Thank You for looking.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Has anyone tried the Saber Oil by Amsoil?
I see you can run your equipment at higher ratios. Like 85 or 100 to one.
Thank You for looking.

You are talking about 2 cycle mix I assume ..???

Click on opti-2 at top of page........ I've been using this opti-2 for OVER 25 years at approx 100-1 ratio, NEVER EVER a problem, NO smoke, clean engines.

http://opti2-4.com/index.php

Ava.Feret

Threads
This is 2 cycle synthetic oil. They claim you can use the 100 to 1 ratio instead of the 50 to 1 mix. I just am looking to see if anyone is using this oil and their results.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
This is 2 cycle synthetic oil. They claim you can use the 100 to 1 ratio instead of the 50 to 1 mix. I just am looking to see if anyone is using this oil and their results.

I've heard Amsoil is also a GREAT product, DON'T be afraid of trying it, these synthetics are un-believable, best thing since 2-cycles were made, just be SURE you mix the RIGHT proportion .... with Opti-2 I use .. 1.4 oz. per gallon of gas.

AnthemBassMan

Threads
I use Amsoil Saber, but I used it mixed at 50:1 ratio per Amsoil’s own recommendation for my vintage Lawn Boys. Modern equipment should handle the 80:1 or 100:1 with no issues.

L8R,
Matt

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
When using modern oils at leaner mix ratios it is worth remembering that fuel is metered into our engines by VOLUME.
So if there is less oil per unit volume, then there must be more fuel.
Or to put it another way running a lean mix will also run a rich mix.
So when you start using a leaner mix, carefully check the plug for build up at regular intervals.
Carbon on the plug is no big deal, but a rich mix carbo build up in the cylinder can break free and score the bore.
Thus on chainsaws I back off the fuel jets a touch till they are just barely on the rich side of balance.