Repairs Goes slow then stops

Vulnavia

Threads
During the winter, when plowing the tractor would go slower and slower then would not move unless I was gentle on the pedal, letting off then gently pushing the pedal. Continued to get worse until it will barley move ... 5 feet then stop. The pedal would go "to the floor" never did that before. Belts are relatively new, springs pulleys seem ok.
Any Ideas ?

Thanks,

Will

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
During the winter, when plowing the tractor would go slower and slower then would not move unless I was gentle on the pedal, letting off then gently pushing the pedal. Continued to get worse until it will barley move ... 5 feet then stop. The pedal would go "to the floor" never did that before. Belts are relatively new, springs pulleys seem ok.
Any Ideas ?

Thanks,

Will

Post the machine's information so we can tell what we are working with see example .......

GET INFO.JPG

Vulnavia

Threads
Sorry, suppose that would be helpful.
2006 LT 1040 Bought it new in 2008

Will

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Well this is going to be fun cause it is a vari drive model and Cub have neglected to put that page in their parts break downs.

The drive to the rear is done by 2 belts, you will need to remove the battery & battery box to see both of them.
It works by the middle bit of the double pulley going up & down which changes the diameter of the two pulleys.
In principle the same as a set of stepped pulleys you see in bench drills & lathes.

In your case I would suspect it froze or jambed in the slow position.
The speed change works by your foot counteracting a spring which could also have broken or fallen off

Not excluding a buggered belt.
If either is damaged both must be replaced.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Last edited: