White smoke and oil leak

m_shah93

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi All,

This is my first post. I really wish I get a detailed response as you guys are expert and I have mucked up my lawn mower very badly.

Background:

Lawn mower engine is Briggs and stratton Engine number is 10T602-0140-b1 . I bought this second hand and I mowed 710 meter square land without trouble (1st day). However, next day the main issue I discovered was spitting oil from muffler and extreme white smoke (no oil change was recently done, thus no chance of additional oil in oil case). I ran the engine for 10 minutes but smoke was still there and shutoff and I could start any more and the deck was full of oil.

Next Assignment: I have ordered gasket and installed the gasket in hope that the issue will be resolved. Informing you with full of pain, that the issue is still there, even it looks like new gasket is also blown up in this process.

The only trouble I am facing is that the leak is NOT coming from the head gasket area (bottom of that region). The leak is from further back ; behind the left side of breather
(rectangular plate).

I am in big pain at the moment as I have spent a lot of money and time and if I go to repair shop they would charge $40 for quotation and If I can not afford fix $40 is gone . Can any one guide me please?

Thank you all in advance

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I would check the oil level, make sure it's NOT overfilled, next I would check the oil breather assy., replace if necessary, and I would remove and clean or replace the muffler ( check for clogging) . did you properly "torque" the new head gasket.

m_shah93

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi Again,

Oil level was not over filler, I have removed the muffler and shook it the number of times no cracking sound and no carbon deposits are coming out from the muffler. I am extremely disappointed that I tighten the screw without the proper torque as per specification (as my friend suggested this is small engine and it does not matter now I know it does matter).

The other observation I noticed is following:

The frontal top part of cylinder head has a small chip.
The bottom screw hole of the breather was stripped and I added copper wire to tighten it up.

Thank you very much for your reply.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
This is 1 of 3 posts, same issue, same person .........