Need Urgent Help (Briggs and Stratton)

m_shah93

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi All,

This is my first post. I really wish I get a detailed response as you guys are expert and I have mucked up my lawn mower very badly.

Background:

Lawn mower engine is Briggs and stratton Engine number is 10T602-0140-b1 . I bought this second hand and I mowed 710 meter square land without trouble (1st day). However, next day the main issue I discovered was spitting oil from muffler and extreme white smoke (no oil change was recently done, thus no chance of additional oil in oil case). I ran the engine for 10 minutes but smoke was still there and shutoff and I could start any more and the deck was full of oil.

Next Assignment: I have ordered gasket and installed the gasket in hope that the issue will be resolved. Informing you with full of pain, that the issue is still there, even it looks like new gasket is also blown up in this process.

The only trouble I am facing is that the leak is NOT coming from the head gasket area (bottom of that region). The leak is from further back ; behind the left side of breather
(rectangular plate).

I am in big pain at the moment as I have spent a lot of money and time and if I go to repair shop they would charge $40 for quotation and If I can not afford fix $40 is gone . Can any one guide me please?

Thank you all in advance

Threads
I love THOSE engines they are almost BULLET Proof..... Are you sure that the oil was not tooooo full ??

The oil is coming out of the breather area ??? Or the air filter area ??? The breather tube is aluminum and is close to the carb...... There is a L shaped rubber tube that goes to the carb.........

The air filter is on top of the carb and will get OIL in it if something is wrong with the valves in the engine.....

The breather tube is attached to the valve cover AREA which is on the opposite side of the engine'''''''''''''

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Are you saying that the oil is coming from the breather assembly (plate) see photo.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 4

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
This is 1 OF 3 posts, same issue, same person..........

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Very confusing.......isn't it

m_shah93

Forum Newbie
Threads
@ Boudreaux In Eunice La. The oil was not over fill. Furthermore, the air filter is clean. There is no oil leaking from the breather. I have seen oil dripping on mower deck which translate that the oil is leaking from the engine.

The only trouble is that it is not dripping from the head gasket area, it is dripping from further behind the head gasket area(opposite to the spark plug entry point) but still leak is in engine area, also I noticed after 5 minutes of engine run, I opened the oil cap the white smoke was coming full time. This leads me to open the head gasket and I discovered that the oil was in cylinder wall. The valve, cylinder all were without carbon deposit. The engine was running very power full but I turned off. Now I believe I can not use the same gasket because the soft part of gasket is gone while the new, shinny hard part is still there.

I will appreciate if you can share your experience or thoughts if you need more info to resolve my issue please let me know.

Best regards,

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 15
Threads
yes you will have to get a new gasket.... TORQUE the head bolts to specs and that should solve your oil leak ~!~!

m_shah93

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you so much. I will personally update you with the progress.

Best regards,

Threads
If you have bad rings it's going to smoke when running.... If your oil is even a little over full the oil will bypass the rings in the cylinder and might cause another head gasket to blow....

There should be 2 holes on the dipstick the top hole is the full mark ~!~!