Hustler yellow paint

mooch91

Threads
All,

I have searched, and there are a number of options for matching paint for Hustler mowers, including John Deere Industrial Yellow.

Problem is I can't seem to find something locally available and I'd rather not spend $20+ (with shipping) for a can of spray paint.

Anyone have any readily available, local sources for matching paint for our Hustler mowers?

I know it's a little petty to be concerned about the finish of a lawnmower, but I have to say, I'm a little disappointed at the powder coat flaking off my 2-year-old Fastrak. I know I hit a few spots on the left side, but it appears as if a few sheets of paint were peeling off from areas that have never contacted anything when I pulled it out of the shed last week. See the picture by the anti-scalp wheel, for example. I never wash the mower, only blow off the grass and dust with the leaf blower following each use.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Photo Mar 22, 6 14 24 PM.jpg
    Photo Mar 22, 6 14 24 PM.jpg
    326.9 KB · Views: 52
  • Photo Mar 22, 6 15 06 PM.jpg
    Photo Mar 22, 6 15 06 PM.jpg
    273.4 KB · Views: 44

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Kremeneon

Threads
I've found that the Caterpillar yellow in a handy spray can is pretty darn close. I don't notice any difference at all with a little dust on top.

mooch91

Threads
Not a great match, but Krylon Farm and Equipment "New Equipment Yellow" did OK.

Attachments

• IMG_4043.jpg
    IMG_4043.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_4044.jpg
    IMG_4044.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 63

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Pretty good match in the pic ! .. :thumbsup:

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Looks pretty good to me! I don't know why it happens, but I've had problems with powder-coat on various pieces of equipment flaking like that.

gene_stl

Threads
Mine has peeled in a few places too. As part of the spring clean up fix up get ready I want to do some touch up too.
Thank you for the leads.

mhavanti

Threads
Although this is not metal paint, it will serve to make a good match for you. I would prefer removing a piece of the machine and have it color matched with enamel metal paint. You'll have to really clean the rust from the metal, use a couple of good coats of primer and I would go with a light color primer. Then you can use the item show in the comments above or use a decent spray gun and you'll have a nice piece of equipment all over again.

Good luck,

Max

Hustler Paint Code.jpg

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
NAPA will mach any color you want and put it into a spray can for you. The match you have now doesn't look bad. :thumbsup: