Suggested pan to drain oil into

PJS1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, can you suggest a pan to drain the oil into when I tip my Honda lawn mower onto its side? Seems I usually end up getting oil all over the place. Thanks

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hi, can you suggest a pan to drain the oil into when I tip my Honda lawn mower onto its side? Seems I usually end up getting oil all over the place. Thanks

Shallow aluminum baking pan, ( yard-sales, thrift-store availabilties......)

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
and make sure it doesnt have a hole in it

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
and make sure it doesnt have a hole in it

Damn "Doc" the guy needs something to do AFTER changing his mower's oil !! .. :laughing:..:laughing:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

Being more of a bikie than a boatie I had never seen an oil draining pump before I took over the business.
So the bikie mates come over and see me drain one of my bikes with the pump and get me to order one for them.

The vacuum ones are a little pricey but is all you have are mowers then the 1 quart model will do you fine.
If you only have the Honda then a big syringe type will be fine and they are about $ 10

Ava.Feret

Threads
I took a old 5 gal plastic bucket and cut it down to make it shallow. I guess about 3 inches.That was cheap and works excellent.
I used a razor knife, so be careful. Or start it with a hacksaw. Remember you are draining about only 16 oz.