Day old Ariens Zero Turn Won't start

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Glad to hear. In my experience with Kawi engines I've found them to be hard to start when it's cold out and that making sure the choke is closed all the way, and I mean 100% closed, helps a lot. I've had to resort to starter fluid with my Lazer in the late fall. Trying to run on mix gas probably doesn't help, but Kawi engines are notorious for being cold hearted. The FX691V on my Bob-Cat seems to be a lot better than my older ones. They really like a good fast crank to start when cold.

Good luck and maybe look into whether they sell a locking gas cap for your unit :laughing:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
When we were running the delivery business we got 4 motorcycles from a person whose daughter had seen him pull the spark plugs and squirt some "black stuff" down each cylinder.
So she did the same every day for a month with the best :black stuff" she could make:- with manure & water

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Putting 2-cycle gas in the tank should not have had that effect.

For starters, the engine would have to start and run for a while before any of the 2-cycle gas reached the combustion chambers.

Second, 50:1 gas doesn't have enough oil in it to have much, if any, effect on a 4-cycle engine.

Also, your engine sees no benefit from running premium gas instead of regular unleaded, preferably with no ethanol in it.

Threads
My uncle got on my dads rider mower in the early 70's..... It wont start he said........ My dad told me to get on the mower and start it. ....... So I did ..... Non'c said what you did ??? I pushed in on the brake... There is is a switch on it...... He gave me a silver 25 cent piece for being smart ~!~!~~!~!