PTO

michael hicks

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Snapper with Briggs and Stratton engine when I engage the PTO the engine dies. Already blown one engine and now bought a new one and it doing the same thing, Any idea's?

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I would think if you remove the belt off the pto, and try engaging the PTO with-out it, if it's OK, then you must have a deck issue.

michael hicks

Forum Newbie
Threads
Michael,

Is this mechanical or electric PTO?

Mike

Hi Mike

I just put this here for my husband. But it has electric start. Does that help? He has unhooked the safety wire under the seat and took the belts off.
Thanks
Stephanie

Threads
Hi Mike

I just put this here for my husband. But it has electric start. Does that help? He has unhooked the safety wire under the seat and took the belts off.
Thanks
Stephanie

I think Mike was asking about the PTO electric or a lever engaged style to engage the blades.... Most all riding and zero turns are electric start.....

cruzenmike

Threads
If the clutch is electric, it is possible that the clutch plates inside the PTO is locked up. Or like Boobala said, it could be a deck/belt issue, so in that case simply removing the belt from the PTO and trying to engage while the mower is running will tell where the issue lies.