Husqvarna Mz52 won't start

apower1105

Forum Newbie
Threads
So I mowed my yard yesterday, and mower started right up no problem. I parked the mower in the driveway when I was done while I finished up the edging and blowing off the clippings. I went to move the mower into the garage and it won't start. nothing, no crank or click. The digital read out has power when turning the key into the "on" position. I read a bunch people have similar issues and said they usually after a couple of hours, it would start right up without even fixing anything. Well it's been a day and still will not start. Any ideas? It will be 2 years in May since I bought it and 130 hours, so it should still have a warranty on it. Just trying to avoid sending it in if its just something simple I could try first. Oh and it has the 23 HP Kawasaki.

Thanks in advance.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Could be any number of things. PTO switch is out. Steering levers not out all the way or bad safety switch. Brake not engaged or bad safety switch. You can try exercising the switches a bit. Check fuses. Don't just look at them, test them or change with ones you know are good. Fuse failure isn't always obvious. That's where I'd start.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sit on the mower.
Move every control, lap bars, parking brake PTO switch etc etc etc then return them to the start position.

If that does not work, check for voltage at the accessory plug.
If it has voltage when you turn the ignition on then you have a safety switch problem.

As you have owned the mower since new, I will assume you still have the owners manual.
On page 52 of that book is the wiring diagram

They did not put a connection table for the ignition switch, but in the start position the the switch connects the red ( power wire ) to the yellow ( starter solenoid wire ).
So check for voltage on the yellow wire.

Note it goes through a device called "TIMER" this is why some times it won't start now the will start a little latter on.
Apparently the timer is prone to cause problems.

Note also that the starting solenoid has a single trigger wire, (the yellow one) .
You need 2 connections to make a circuit so it uses the body to make a ground connection.
It does not take much to get enough corrosion under the solenoid to break the ground connection.

You check the solenoid by jumping direct from a good battery + to the yellow wire terminal and - to the mounting bolt.
The solenoid should fire and the engine spin.

apower1105

Forum Newbie
Threads
Could be any number of things. PTO switch is out. Steering levers not out all the way or bad safety switch. Brake not engaged or bad safety switch. You can try exercising the switches a bit. Check fuses. Don't just look at them, test them or change with ones you know are good. Fuse failure isn't always obvious. That's where I'd start.

Well it's running now, I don't know what I did. I took out the (4) bolts to the panel where the PTO/HR Gauge/Ignition Switch panel is and just kind of checked for any loose wires. I didn't notice any that really stood out. Decided to give it crank while I had everything exposed and turned right over. It is safe to say its either the ignition switch or the PTO switch?