J/D 325

dbandgb

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a John Deere 325. Problem, the battery light stays on all the time. The battery is 90% full even after sitting all winter. It was that way the end of last years grass cutting season. It still starts fine and runs the electric clutch while cutting. I know if the battery is dead the light comes on. Any suggestions? Thanks

BanjoJohn

Forum Newbie
Threads
Did you ever find out what was causing your charge light to stay on? My JD 325 has not exhibited this problem, but I'd like to know what to do in case it does.

dbandgb

Forum Newbie
Threads
Did you ever find out what was causing your charge light to stay on? My JD 325 has not exhibited this problem, but I'd like to know what to do in case it does.
No I did not check it yet. It has been so dry here I only cut once and for that I put the charger on to bring it up to full. It takes me two and a half hours to cut my grass.I hope to get to it this weekend as I had other jobs to do on my antique car. I will let you know when I find anything.

dbandgb

Forum Newbie
Threads

FINALLY. tested and found no charge. I have read about the regulators going bad so I bought a new one and installed. everything OK now. By the way mine is on the side of the motor, not under the battery tray as u-tube shows.