oil filters

polly

Threads
Can anyone tell me who makes the john deere filters. Emailed the company and of course no reply.--There the sheets to work with. won,t do it again. ---polly

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Take the stock or part number off the filter and do a search for Deere Filter with the number - you should come up with a list of filters that will match.

or look for Oil filter Cross Reference charts.

Black Bart

Threads
If you can find a cross reference chart you can do like I did on mine.
The JD filter was very small and also over priced.

On my 180 with the 540 Kawasaki I use a motorcraft FL-1 same filter as all V8 Fords use.
It is much larger so it holds more oil and filters better and cost about a 1\3 as much.

On my 430 diesel I use a filter for a Toyota it is a longer filter, I would like to use a larger one but it has those side panels on it and I can not use a longer filter without removing the panel.

I just bought a new Z Trak and it looks like I won't be running a larger filter on it unless I can find an adapter to point it down because it is really tight in their.

If all you want to do is just switch to another brand then all you need is your filter number and tell the counter person that number they will give you the numbers of different brands that will fit.

I like to use the largest filter possible

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
To me, the way the thread is worded, the OP wants to know what COMPANY produces the JD labeled filters. Kinda like asking who makes Craftsman branded lawn tractor filters...I would like to know myself who makes certain brands.

Bart. I have a few of those MotorCraft FL-1's myself, those things are huge compared to most filters. My Buick uses an AC Delco that is maybe a third of the size of the FL-1. I have never understood why car makers put such tiny oil filters on some engines, to me a bigger filter and the oil it holds are well worth the extrs weight and size. I used to buy AC Delco filters for my GMC, the number was PF-59 and about 5 years ago they cut the size of the filter case about 40% for that part number. I quit buying them then. Penny pinching, IMO.

Black Bart

Threads
To me, the way the thread is worded, the OP wants to know what COMPANY produces the JD labeled filters. Kinda like asking who makes Craftsman branded lawn tractor filters...I would like to know myself who makes certain brands.Bart. I have a few of those MotorCraft FL-1's myself, those things are huge compared to most filters. My Buick uses an AC Delco that is maybe a third of the size of the FL-1. I have never understood why car makers put such tiny oil filters on some engines, to me a bigger filter and the oil it holds are well worth the extrs weight and size. I used to buy AC Delco filters for my GMC, the number was PF-59 and about 5 years ago they cut the size of the filter case about 40% for that part number. I quit buying them then. Penny pinching, IMO.

Ask and you shall recieve.

Oil Filters Revealed - MiniMopar Resources