New carburetor acting weird

RogerTM

Forum Newbie
Threads
I put a new carburetor (P/N 632795A) on a Lawn Boy 10313. I don't have the engine model, but I'm guessing it's a Tecumseh 5.5 hp. After priming a few times, it started right up, then died a few seconds later. Primed again, with same results. Then I kept priming as it ran, and it ran as long as I was priming. Then I found that if I just pushed the primer bulb in and held it in, it would run without stopping but after releasing the primer, it would shut off again.
I'm thinking it may have something wrong with the normal flow of gas.
Can anyone give me an idea of what it could be? Thanks for your help.
RogerTM

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You have an adjustable carb. Open the high speed needle, on the bottom of the carb, a little at a time. This will allow for a increase in fuel flow.

RogerTM

Forum Newbie
Threads
You have an adjustable carb. Open the high speed needle, on the bottom of the carb, a little at a time. This will allow for a increase in fuel flow.

Mr. Rivets: I finally got back to my project, and your tip worked good. It didn't take much turning before it ran good. Also starts good. It's funny, I had noticed that screw on the bottom of the bowl, but didn't think much of it.
But I do appreciate the time you took to reply to my post, and for your advice. Have a good day.
RogerTM

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Guess I got lucky again, glad I could help.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Guess I got lucky again, glad I could help.

Kudo's Rivets, that was quick N easy, .. ooops I think I just saw a few buttons pop off the chest of your shirt !! .. :thumbsup: