Honda wanna be ?????

Threads
My buddy bought a tiller with a LCT engine on it.... He always used No Fart gas LOL in all his equipment.... He drinks WINE and A BEER, but no CORN liquor LOL.........

That tiller is about 8 years old and this is the first time that the carb came off.... I worked on the tiller 4 yrs ago for the recoil and didn't realize that they were a USA product.....

Here is the link for the video I made today about LCT Engines .. Enjoy......

https://youtu.be/cXHDYfmI5GM

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
LCT is owned by the same company that now owns Tecumseh AKA Lauson Engine. There are several of those engines floating around on various pieces of equipment that you don't see because they just don't seem to break down very often. The old Tecumseh dealers are authorized to perform warranty repairs on the LCT engines.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I did a bigger reply that did not seem to make it but in case it is lost in cyber land I will do a shorter one.
As Ilengine has already noted they are OWNED by Lauson.
Luason are a USA company
They have an Australian division which is a house in a very wealthy suburb in an A1 residential street.
The USA address would appear to e a furnature factory

The blurb implies that they are USA made but there is no reason for an office in China if the engines are not made there.

So don't go wrapping them in the Stars & Stripes and start to salute.
Every engine they sell is another one Briggs & Kohler don't sell so is another USA citizen out of a job.

Down here they appear on a lot of stuff sold cheap by tool stores mostly under a house brand name.
Never had one in the workshop

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Bert I am sure that the LCT engines are made in china or use Chinese parts, but Honda, Briggs, Kohler all have factories in China So for some engines they are not as american as they may seem any more. Is anybody else seeing a reduction in market share for Briggs engines lately. Is seems the Kohler Courage spinoff engines, and Honda GC series and the MTD Powermore engines used on MTD branded, Cub Cadet and Troybilt are getting to be more popular in my area. throw in the Rato, Loncin engines used on various other Chinese products and things get strange.

It also seems like the american companies use Chinese engines, and the Chinese companies use american engines.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I do get your point I was just trying to point out there is american and AMERICAN and the web site is being quite deceptive.
Mind you World Lawn is not much better.

And as for Chinese mowers being fitted with American engines, I would imagine that is an import tax work around if they are really USA engines.
The two World Lawn mowers I used to service ( another brand I will no longer look at ) were both supposedly fitted with Kawasaki engines.
However there was no serial numbers on either engine and both were delivered fitted with Stens oil filters.
The Genuine Kawasaki engines I service all have rocker cover gaskets and these were glued on with silastic, all a bit smelly.
And the Donaldson air filter were fitted with plain convoluted tubing, not the moulded tubing I see on the engines in USA assembled machines.

I just finished an ROSS chainsaw supposedly fitted with a "Genuine Oregon chain & bar "
However the Oregon chain had rivets that were all spun on and not press set like genuine chain.
It was a 91 series chain with 91 stamped into every drive link, but no oil hole or groove, it was also bent where the chain had been cut badly & joined.
Doubt it left the Oregon factory like that, but every link, cutter drive was stamped "oregon"

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
the Chinese products with the american engines (Kohler, Briggs), I would suspect are actually american engines manufactured in China.

Threads
No Bert that's not what I mean't...........

I said they were US owned.... Even Briggs has a Japan Plant making twins....... I would assume they are made over seas. Japan ? China ??

They are so close to a Honda it's weird.... Like IL Engine said they last...........

At one time I thought Generac engines were made overseas. NOPE they are made right here in the USA..