Mower deck What to do with these dang spindles

Threads
Scrub ...........

You said you couldn't afford the Higher priced spindles....... You did say you have since got the right ones...

How much did they run you ???? The cost of the Amazon and the new ones you got maybe costed you more than the real deal ?????

Where you at in Texas ??? I got a lot of relatives in South East Texas and some in Waco............

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
When posting it is always good to come here first with your problem before you do anything
So if we knew some clot had fitted the non timmed blades ( round hole ) and messed up the spindle we could have suggested some work arounds or at the very least furnished you with the above information.

Bad news is the Tardus is a piece of BBC fiction so we can not go back in time but hopefully you will prove to be differnt from 90% of the population and learn from this mistake thus avoiding it in the future.
ANd posting the numbers from under the seat 13A???????? is also a lot more help than the numbers on the sticker on the side of the hood LTX1040

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I think we can save one spindle, we might could get a die grinder and cut stars out-thicker. What do you think?

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Scrub ...........

You said you couldn't afford the Higher priced spindles....... You did say you have since got the right ones...

How much did they run you ???? The cost of the Amazon and the new ones you got maybe costed you more than the real deal ?????

Where you at in Texas ??? I got a lot of relatives in South East Texas and some in Waco............

I paid 45 bucks for ones on amazon (price cut), so far so good after 2 mowings.
I'm in Conroe.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I am in the process of "complaining" to amazon about the in accurate seller description etc.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I think we can save one spindle, we might could get a die grinder and cut stars out-thicker. What do you think?

You do not need the entire star to drive the blades.
It is just there to make sure the blades do not end up smacking into each other.
So as long there is sufficient of the star left to position the blade you are fine.
I dress them up with a Dremel tool fitted with a carbide bit
Slip another washer between the bolt & the blade to make sure you are getting enough clamping force.

Threads
I have a good friend in Cut N Shoot ....... He is on the Town council.... He has a BBQ and Smoker Rig that he built himself ... He went all over the Us for competition cooking and has won many times.....

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Wow, i've never heard of him. We are actually closer to Cut n shoot than conroe.

cruzenmike

Threads
There is always risk in buying from eBay or Amazon or any other online retailer unless it is reputable and the parts are Genuine OEM replacements. I noticed that the blades/spindles on my Exmark didn't all spin the same (free hand) so I decided to flip the deck and found aftermarket spindles. Then I was faced with the dilemma of either buying new aftermarket spindles or getting genuine Exmark ones. Well $110 or $450. In the end, i found out that Oregon makes replacement bearings for the aftermarket spindles I had in it and for about $70 I rebuilt them.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Aftermarket come in 3 types

1) OEM quality assured from reputable aftermarket suppliers ( Oregon - Prime Line etc ).
In most cases they are made at the OEM plant in any case, always good but some times not exactly the same.
Some of the replacement spindles are threaded ISO & not Unified.

2) Foreign made some where with cheaper labour rate , no EPA, cheaper raw materials etc etc
May be good, may not be good

3) internet only retailers 75% chance it will be trash.
AYP get their spindle housing made in China.
Their buyer checks them for quality & rejects substandard ones.
The substandard ones get sold on the web , quite truthfully advertised as being OEM Husqvarna spindles.
They just neglect to tell you they are quality control rejects.
I have found these on customers mowers where the upper & lower bearing mounts are:-
too far apart - bearing binds when tightened
Too close together- blade move up & down = belt failures
Not concentric - all sorts of problems.
Had one where the housing was out of alignment so they ground down the mounting legs so the blade spins true when fitted