Pop ups

mowerman05

Threads
Anyone else having problems with a amazon pop up coming up all the time or is it just me, only happens on this site.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
I run Firefox with AdBlocker Plus. No popups on this site at all.

deminin

Threads
I run Firefox with AdBlocker Plus. No popups on this site at all.

I also use ABP...been using it for several years, and it has blocked over 2.5 million ads on my system. It's free and works great.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
There are bannar pop ups that sit within the forum .
The forum puts them there to defray the cost of running the site, remember nothing is really FREE.

I use an anchient computer with an obsolete system so it can not resolve the adds .

mowerman05

Threads
The pop ups I’m referring to pop up in the middle of the screen and you cat remove them without closing down the app, I am on a I pad and only have this issue with this app and just recently, hope it goes away or I might have to uninstall app and reinstall to see if that helps. Thanks for the replies.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
OK you have been hacked.
Hidden in something you have browsed or downloaded was a routine that displays those pop ups.
Time for a clean up.
And no I have no idea how to do it.
I use my phone as a phone so it has no "free apps" on it because if something is "free" the YOU are what is being sold.
Apart from the remote control for the go-pro that came with the camera.

The forum is best interfaced with from a computer and doing it this way makes controlling your digital life a lot easier.

If ou sync your phone to your computer then the problem softwear could be on there,
So take the phone to a geek and get it cleaned.
Heaven only knows what else is on it, like spywear that is recording banking details for example.