wheel horse charger 12

Menssen

Threads
I just acquired a 1970 Wheel Horse charger 12. the previous owner put a different engine on it. I have the original Tecumseh motor for it but it looks like there should be a mounting pad between the motor and the engine. Anybody know what it looks like or where I might find one.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You have something I’ve not seen before. All of the Chargers I’ve worked on originally had Kolher K301 engines. Please supply us with the model and serial numbers for the tractor, so I can do a little more research.

Menssen

Threads
It's a 1970 wheel horse charger 12 automatic. My research shows they came with a Tecumseh motor that year. Model number 1-7253. most years came with a Kohler engine.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thank you, I learned something new. In 1970 Wheel Horse did use a Tecumseh engine, HH120-12012C, in some of the Charger 12. For the life of me I cannot find a complete parts breakdown or diagram for this unit. When I get into the shop next week, I will check the antique shelf to see if I have something there with the Tecumseh engine. Where did you get the breakdown you are looking at? I can only find transmissions.

Menssen

Threads
I don't have any manuals for this. When I went to put the original engine on it it did not line up with any of the holes on the frame. I'm guessing there was a spacer between the engine and frame. If I can find the height of the spacer and how far back or forward the engine sits I can probably make a temporary one until I find an original one. Thanks for any help.