HRX217 Innterchangeable crankshafts?

mesaboog

Threads
Just picked up an HRX217HZA and an HRX217HXA. The HXA motor is gone....not sure how bad till I crack the case, but the HZA has a bent crankshaft that I am considering replacing. Before I go out and buy a new crankshaft, can anyone tell me if the one from the HXA will be a workable replacement (granted it is in OK shape) to use as a donor to put into the HZA?

Are these GCV190 engines fairly interchangeable between the different models of HRX217. I also have a working HRX217VKA and wondering if it would be worth it to swap that engine into either the HXA or the HZA since they have the better transmissions, stop blade, electric start, etc.

Also, I have never gone this deep into fixing a mower. With a bent crankshaft in the GCV190, what other internal damage should I be looking for to determine whether this is a decent candidate for repair or if engine is beyond fixing?

Thanks!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The bottom bush / bearing usually takes a pounding when the shaft bends and get flogged out.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
All depends.
IT is an easy job to machine the hole round again and fit a bronze bush, bearings just get replaced.