Walk behind Refixing engine to body, Royale 43s

flattop

Threads
Hi,
I have a 1999 Royal 43s self propelled walk behind mower. I thas been very faithful and worked long and hard. Perhaps it is time for retirement but I would like to give it one more lease of life. The motor has become loose on the body and I can't see how to access the bolts to refix it. I have taken off the cutting blade but can't remove the circular plastic disk behind, where the bolts seem to be located. Anybody know how to do this or am I approaching this in the wrong way?
Hoping there is some genius out there........

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
The model number is needed.

flattop

Threads
Hiya, Apart from Royal 43S,the only other reference I can find is XTL 45. here are some photos. I hope this helps. Thanks.DSC00189.JPGDSC00191.JPGDSC00192.JPG

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
My guess is that the bolts holding the plastic cover on come from the top, going down. May even be the engine mounting bolts. Look under the engine on the top of the deck. If you can’t see find any thing, please provide pictures of the top of the deck, under the engine.

flattop

Threads
The heads of the 4 bolts (holding the engine to the mower) are fixed from under the mower body and covered by the circular plastic disc, to which the blades are fitted. I cannot see the heads because of the circular plastic disc. I can see the ends of the 4 bolts(see photo) protruding trough the body and the base of the engine. I hope this helps. Thanksmower bolts.jpg

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ok so the model number is under the grass shot door. The peices you are trying to remove are only held in place with the blade and bolt. So you are going to have to pry them out. Be very careful as they do not make any of the parts anymore. Go slow and remove each piece one at a time.

flattop

Threads
Ok, will give it a go. If I don't succeed I will see if I can see a number under the grass shot door and post it. Thanks

flattop

Threads
Brilliant, thanks BlazNT, that worked. :thumbsup:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Glad I could help.