Stihl 038 Farm Boss

birdog

Forum Newbie
Threads
Can someone provide a part number for a 038 Farm Boss carburetor? Tillotson is on there now but I'm trying to find a replacement carb that will work. Thanks in advance.

Barebuttminer

Threads
Can someone provide a part number for a 038 Farm Boss carburetor? Tillotson is on there now but I'm trying to find a replacement carb that will work. Thanks in advance.

Don't have a part number for you.
You might try searching ebay for an aftermart carb.
The guys over on the chainsaw board of the Forestey Forum are pritty sharp and may have a part number or know of an aftermart carb that will work.
http://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?board=9.0
BBM

birdog

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you. I've been looking on ebay for the last several days. I'm trying to ensure I get the correct carb for this saw and preferably an OEM replacement if one can be located.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you want OEM you have to go through a Stihl dealer.
Part number HE-19A 1119 120 0650

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you want OEM you have to go through a Stihl dealer.
Part number HE-19A 1119 120 0650

Chuck I sent him the parts manual in a PM, but it has the P/Ns for the Brazilian made carbs ( there's 2 different carbs for that saw, but I also sent him a boatload of Evil-Bay carbs as well, AND some other numbers too, hopefully he can figure it out, ( why do you keep puttin your toes in front of my feet ..?? ) ..:laughing:..:laughing:

birdog

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks everyone for your help. Does anyone know if the entire 038 line uses the same carburetor? Mine is about 30 years old.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
My wholesale catalogue lists Tillotsen
HK-29A
HK-42A
Tillotson are still in production so why not send them an email ?
Repair kits are also available for both carbs
AFAIK the 42A replaced the 29A.