Zero Turn Final Decision

joepacelli

Threads
So I spent the past 2 weeks online looking at Specs, reviews and even went to local dealers looking at Zero Turn Mowers.
I don't need it for another 3 months until I move but decided to get a head start on the research.
I even read a lot of threads on here and must say I've learned a lot.
I never knew of some of these brands until coming here and doing the research.

At first I was looking at Husqvarna and local Home Depot/Lowe's available Zero Turns.

I then went to a local Toro dealer and was looking at the Timecutter MX4200.

It was after this I went to other dealers and looked at Scag, Exmark, Ferris, Gravely, Hustler, Kubota.

After all the research I've decided to get the Toro Titan HD 1500 48"
Plus, Toro offers a 18% discount off MSRP for military, firefighters, police, etc.
www.toro.com/americanhero
The dealer is the largest Toro dealer in Central NC, only 5 miles down the road from where I will live.
So the MSRP is $6110 for the Titan HD, and with discounts should be just a little over $5000, which is better than the price currently of $5499

So now I just wait until we move into the new home and then I'll visit the dealer and order my Zero Turn.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
So I spent the past 2 weeks online looking at Specs, reviews and even went to local dealers looking at Zero Turn Mowers.
I don't need it for another 3 months until I move but decided to get a head start on the research.
I even read a lot of threads on here and must say I've learned a lot.
I never knew of some of these brands until coming here and doing the research.

At first I was looking at Husqvarna and local Home Depot/Lowe's available Zero Turns.

I then went to a local Toro dealer and was looking at the Timecutter MX4200.

It was after this I went to other dealers and looked at Scag, Exmark, Ferris, Gravely, Hustler, Kubota.

After all the research I've decided to get the Toro Titan HD 1500 48"
Plus, Toro offers a 18% discount off MSRP for military, firefighters, police, etc.
www.toro.com/americanhero
The dealer is the largest Toro dealer in Central NC, only 5 miles down the road from where I will live.
So the MSRP is $6110 for the Titan HD, and with discounts should be just a little over $5000, which is better than the price currently of $5499

So now I just wait until we move into the new home and then I'll visit the dealer and order my Zero Turn.

Be sure you get and keep your manuals, - owners guide, parts manual AND the service/repair manual too ! ABOVE ALL, DON'T do anything to void your warranty ! Best wishes ....... Boobala ..:thumbsup:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I am with Boo. Get model numbers and serial numbers of everything while it is clean and viewable. Hydro drives and pumps too.

OHH I forgot. Get us pictures. How can we live vicariously through others without pictures?

joepacelli

Threads
I am with Boo. Get model numbers and serial numbers of everything while it is clean and viewable. Hydro drives and pumps too.

OHH I forgot. Get us pictures. How can we live vicariously through others without pictures?

Thanks for this advice. I would have never considered it. Now I've added a reminder to my phone to get this info when I purchase the mower.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
OOOPs I also am forgetful, the mower manuals and your engine manuals, are separate unto themselves (ie.) parts for each, operating guides, etc. and as BlazNt suggested take some pics and get a close-up pic of each label, with a model & serial number to store for reference, (saves gettin under /over a dirty mower. ... Boo

Lawn Addict
Threads
So Congrats on your decision. So which engine does it have, inquiring minds need ta know. :laughing:

I have a TimeCutter that I got new back in 2014, It has lived up to more than my expectations.

joepacelli

Threads
So Congrats on your decision. So which engine does it have, inquiring minds need ta know. :laughing:

I have a TimeCutter that I got new back in 2014, It has lived up to more than my expectations.

24.5 hp Toro V-Twin 708cc
ZT3100

I've got just under an acre, but I'm 50 now, so I want something to last me a good 15 to 20 years and the wife wants it so it doesn't take me so long out in the hot sun.
Raleigh summers here can be brutal.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hey Numbers (7394) & Joe here's the Toro Info. Sheet, be sure to click on the SELL Page & Accessories pages ( near the top) hell just click everything, there's a bunch of YOUR manuals Joe, ( need your SERIAL # for exact manuals.. later for that ) looks like a Kawasaki eng. to me, I dunno ! NICE machine ! I love the seat cover in the accessories manual, very handy to preserve a "sore-spot on ALL mowers" .. :thumbsup:..:thumbsup:

WIN D.jpg...rlc-titan-hd-feature-engine-toro.jpg...rlc-titan-hd-feature-hydraulic-pumps.jpg

https://www.toro.com/en/homeowner/riding-mowers/titan-hd-1500-74450

Last edited:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Really got my head up my arse today, just learned IT IS a TORO engine, I did not know that Toro made their own engines..

NOT IN HERE.JPG