B&S no spark

johnorlandi

Threads
Hi new to this forum

I have a 5 HP B&S engine model # 133432 type 00036 08, code 94081807

I have no spark, I replaced the coil with a B&S new armature magneto#397358 purchased for Jacks small engine.
I also replace the key and cleaned the flywheel
Still no spark

I connected the coil wire directly to ground and no spark, hooked it back to the switch still no spark.

compression is very low, ready to return the coil back to Jacks and purchase a Harbor Freight predator 6.5 hp.

Disconnected the low oil sensor

Any ideas what to check next

Thanks

John

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi new to this forum

I have a 5 HP B&S engine model # 133432 type 00036 08, code 94081807

I have no spark, I replaced the coil with a B&S new armature magneto#397358 purchased for Jacks small engine.
I also replace the key and cleaned the flywheel
Still no spark

I connected the coil wire directly to ground and no spark, hooked it back to the switch still no spark.

compression is very low, ready to return the coil back to Jacks and purchase a Harbor Freight predator 6.5 hp.

Disconnected the low oil sensor

Any ideas what to check next

Thanks

John

You will not have spark if you put the kill wire to ground, and will not have spark if the kill switch is on or damage...! try it without the kill wire on, and did you put the coil the right way round..? have you set the right air gap.....

johnorlandi

Threads
Thanks for the response

I did try with the kill wire off and the coil is on the correct way as noted on the coil

I called B&S and they could not answer they gave me a dealer to take it to. B&S said I was not getting gas to start

I took a volt meter and check continunity with the switch and it appears to be working correctly

If I hold the plug in my hand I get a very very slight tingle not much at all

John

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
The only another way is to try a other coil to see if its a bad coil, you should be able to get a big pain holding the spark plug lead end...! its the right part number you have going by the pats book.

johnorlandi

Threads
Still no spark

I spoke to a couple of friends and they say don't bother engine to old and to
get the Harbor Freight engine

Thanks

John

johnorlandi

Threads
I understand it is the 6.5 hp Predator engine that is a Honda wantabe, supposed to be real good just like the Honda. If you believe everything you read it is manufactured in the China Honda factory and is just like the Honda so I may give it a try

Thanks

john

Threads
Yes the Predator is a good engine for that type of use.... My buddy Johnny Best has a Greyhound... They came out before the Predator did It's still going strong...

What you gonna do with the Briggs engine that has no compression ??

johnorlandi

Threads
Probably put it in the shed until I get some time to look it over.

I am going to take the head off and see if the valves are working or something stuck, just take a look

the predator engine is only $100 not worth overhauling the B&S engine

have a nice day

Threads
Probably put it in the shed until I get some time to look it over.

I am going to take the head off and see if the valves are working or something stuck, just take a look

the predator engine is only $100 not worth overhauling the B&S engine

have a nice day

Thanks for the reply.... If you want throw it in the scrap yard Please don't I will pay for shipping

Thanks Boudreaux ~!~!