1212 rewire with 12hp Kohler

Kslivin

Forum Newbie
Threads
Started a rewire project on my 1212. The guy before me put a 12hp Kohler engine on it with different wiring from the original engine. I’ve tried to wire it up best I can figure from what the manual says but when I turn the key nothing happens.

The wiring harness has a green wire, where does this hook up at? It comes from the switch to a eyelet connector than branches off to a female spade than back to a eyelet. My manual doesn’t even show it. Also the red and yellow wires going to the engine. I hooked the red from one side of my coil to the (+) side of the relay solenoid. The yellow from what the manual says should go to the alternator but this engine doesn’t have one? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you provided us with the model numbers of the tractor and the model and serial numbers of the engine we might be able to help you. Otherwise we are just spitting into the wind, trying to guess what you are looking at. Also, please don’t post on two different forums, it just confuses everyone.

Kslivin

Forum Newbie
Threads
1990 grasshopper 1212
Serial no. 301055

Kohler
Model k301S
SPEC No. 47394d

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
How many and what color are the wires coming from the engine? This will tell us where you need to connect the wires on the unit.