Honda 530 gxv

spits

Forum Newbie
Threads
HI I am working on a Honda GXV 530 in a Massey lawn tractor. The engine will turn over fine sometimes, in fact most of the time, will fire up and run fine but occasionally when trying to start cold, the engine comes to a dead stop. If you turn the engine past the compression stroke it will probably start. The customer installed a new battery, starter, I have pulled the valve covers, the decompression seems to be fine(exhaust valve opens slightly on compression stroke both cyl) when turning the engine over by hand, checked the valve lash. I am not really familiar with this Honda engine. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Seems like with all the newbie parts, everything there, it SHOULD fire up ALL the time, IF it starts MOST of the time, then the intermittent problem might be electrical, I would check and verify the battery cables ( both ends and the ground wires in particular ) make sure everything is CLEAN and tight, it's a possibility that is often overlooked, keep us up-dated ......... :thumbsup:

spits

Forum Newbie
Threads
Did that.I am thinking the starter switch. Thanks. Will keep toy posted.