1822 right side a bit slower what should I do

Patwarren

Forum Newbie
Threads
Bought an 1822 d with 1500 hrs on it it’s an 84.... got a good deal on it motor seems strong as an ox...when you push both levers forward it goes alittle to the right...... do I retard the linkage on left side and live with it ? Take it to a shop and let them diagnose ? What would you guys do ?

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Have you checked the tire pressure? I doubt that has something to do with it though. :2cents:

Luffydog

Threads
First I would the fluid level. Then maybe put it on a slight hill and see if both sides pull equal. If you could look into the hydro tank and check for metal with a magnet. If everything looks ok and belts fluid and no metal I would look at the levers and make sure it is moving ok and nothing there to stop the travel. If all good. Look and see if there are speed stops on the handles that can be adjusted. You have to slow it down on the faster side and not speed up the slower side. So if yours is going to the right slow down the left side and if going to the left slow slow down the right side. Might down load your Manual for the adjustments and how too's. There is a hydro flow meter that can be used to see the gpm flow to determine if it is weak and failing.

Patwarren

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have you checked the tire pressure? I doubt that has something to do with it though. :2cents:

Appreciate it I’ll check... just bought it today.... any idea on proper pressure ? And can you adjust levers to retard on side so it slows to the weak side ?

Patwarren

Forum Newbie
Threads
First I would the fluid level. Then maybe put it on a slight hill and see if both sides pull equal. If you could look into the hydro tank and check for metal with a magnet. If everything looks ok and belts fluid and no metal I would look at the levers and make sure it is moving ok and nothing there to stop the travel. If all good. Look and see if there are speed stops on the handles that can be adjusted. You have to slow it down on the faster side and not speed up the slower side. So if yours is going to the right slow down the left side and if going to the left slow slow down the right side. Might down load your Manual for the adjustments and how too's. There is a hydro flow meter that can be used to see the gpm flow to determine if it is weak and failing.

I’m going to try what you say.... Seems like tire pressure... then retard fast side..... the resiviour looked like it was 3/4 to 7/8 full..... I think they put regular motor oil in these..... these pumps must have pistons/ rings that wear out over time.... it’s a Kubota motor with 1500 hrs.. 52 inch deck... got a snow blower used twice... still has factory shine in it for 300.... I just want everything to be right... the handles seem close for me too.... may be able to heat them up and bend them out slightly.... guess I have to get used to it

BWH

Threads
That was a heck of a mower in its day! Actually still not a bad rig.

I had a 1982 1600 Grasshopper that had the same thing going on with it, I ended up equalizing the levers the best I could and just used it that way for a couple more years until I upgraded to a new model. Its always good to change the hydro-fluid but in my case it didn't help it pull even. Good Luck.

Patwarren

Forum Newbie
Threads
That was a heck of a mower in its day! Actually still not a bad rig.

I had a 1982 1600 Grasshopper that had the same thing going on with it, I ended up equalizing the levers the best I could and just used it that way for a couple more years until I upgraded to a new model. Its always good to change the hydro-fluid but in my case it didn't help it pull even. Good Luck.

Thanks that’s exactly what I’m going to do !