Greetings from Alabama, I'm Bill McFarland and I'm new to the forum.

TMPJTNBM

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Greetings from Alabama, I'm Bill McFarland and I'm new to the forum.
I own a 54 inch Hustler Fastrack and have for the past 10 years. It has been a great mower and other than normal maintenance I have not had any problems with the mower until this past season. It started to leak hydraulic oil from both transmissions and finally the left hydro Gear transmission fail to operate. I replaced the charge pump gears and the "O" rings to the charge pump and neither wheel would turn even after purging the system. I discovered that the cover plate has to be installed a certain way for the wheels to get hydraulic oil in order to operate the wheels. I had installed both cover plates just opposite from the way they should have been installed. Once I turned the cover plates around both wheels operated the way they were designed to work. I share this in hopes it may help other Hustler owners. To change out the charge pump gears and the "O" rings was a simple operation and it probably saved me a bunch of money. Have a blessed day.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I own a 54 inch Hustler Fastrack and have for the past 10 years. It has been a great mower and other than normal maintenance I have not had any problems with the mower until this past season. It started to leak hydraulic oil from both transmissions and finally the left hydro Gear transmission fail to operate. I replaced the charge pump gears and the "O" rings to the charge pump and neither wheel would turn even after purging the system. I discovered that the cover plate has to be installed a certain way for the wheels to get hydraulic oil in order to operate the wheels. I had installed both cover plates just opposite from the way they should have been installed. Once I turned the cover plates around both wheels operated the way they were designed to work. I share this in hopes it may help other Hustler owners. To change out the charge pump gears and the "O" rings was a simple operation and it probably saved me a bunch of money. Have a blessed day.

Kudo's to you sir, always nice to help out your fellow man ! .. :thumbsup:

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Greetings to you as well sir. Where in Alabama are you located?

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome to the forum!
Well done.

ROLL TIDE ROLL

NorthBama

Threads
Greetings from North Alabama.
Welcome to the forum

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome:

Good info! I'm going to move this thread over to our Hustler section.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
:welcome:

Good info! I'm going to move this thread over to our Hustler section.

Catherine ... is that the "Hustler mower" section, or the "Hustler-XXX" magazine section ..?? ..:laughing:..:laughing:..:laughing:

mhavanti

Threads
Boob,

I'm thinking its the mower section because I keep getting lost every time I try to get to the Hustler XXX section. Bad directions or who knows what.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Boob,

I'm thinking its the mower section because I keep getting lost every time I try to get to the Hustler XXX section. Bad directions or who knows what.

:laughing:..:laughing:..:laughing:..:thumbsup: