Boneyard

mesaboog

Threads
Hello all,

I am new to this forum and fairly new Honda mower enthusiast. I have several minor projects in my garage:

HR214SXA
HR215SXA
HRR216VXA
HRX217VYA
HRX217HYA

But I came across this guy who has a property full of complete Honda mowers that he has to get rid of. He says he has 15 - 20 and will make a deal because he HAS to get rid of them ASAP. What do you guys think I should offer? See Photo. I have asked him to send better photos of the whole group so that I can get a better handle on what he has. Just spoke to him and he says they are all complete bags and all. None have been parted out and says most have just minor issues. They have been sitting out in the weather though so not sure about condition.

What do you think...no more than $10-$20 per mower?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 28

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hello all,

I am new to this forum and fairly new Honda mower enthusiast. I have several minor projects in my garage:

HR214SXA
HR215SXA
HRR216VXA
HRX217VYA
HRX217HYA

But I came across this guy who has a property full of complete Honda mowers that he has to get rid of. He says he has 15 - 20 and will make a deal because he HAS to get rid of them ASAP. What do you guys think I should offer? See Photo. I have asked him to send better photos of the whole group so that I can get a better handle on what he has. Just spoke to him and he says they are all complete bags and all. None have been parted out and says most have just minor issues. They have been sitting out in the weather though so not sure about condition.

What do you think...no more than $10-$20 per mower?

Two things come to mind , ... A. do YOU have a place to store them ..?? B. Do you have the means to transport them ..??
20 mowers @ $20.00 ea. = $400.00 a STARTING offer .. would be 1 helluva deal, even for parts to sell !!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
How fast do you think you can turn them over? How big of a gambler are you? What is your mechanical experience? My guess is that you could get $150-200 for each unit you get in good running condition, but I don’t know what part of the country your in. My guess, remember I’m not there with you, would be about $600 for the lot. At that price I could stick $50 into each one and still make a profit, if I could only get half of them out the door. This could be a gold mine or a money pit, only you are there to decide.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
What are you waiting for, if you have the capability, I’d go for it.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
HELL or HIGH WATER, I'd find a way to give that man $300.00 and get the goods before he changes his mind or someone else grabs the deal ! .. He who hesitates is LOST !!! Tell him to hide the other $50.00 from "sweetie" and use it for a good cause, like buying HER, flowers or something !

mesaboog

Threads
I'll bet YOUR mouth is watering so much, there's a flood warning in your neighborhood !! .. :laughing:..:laughing:

It is, it is. Don't think I can swing the whole lot due to space. Gonna go out tomorrow. Will keep you posted.