Boneyard

mesaboog

Threads
So I ventured out to see what exactly this guy had. He is in NH. We just had a blizzard so the mowers were under snow and had to be dug out. He had 13 Hondas a little bit of everything. Tons of Toros. The mowers all had terminal issues. There were several HRC216's. One the motor was toast and the other the deck was toast.

I took home HRX217's...a HZA and an HXA. The HZA is in beautiful shape, but with bent crank shaft. The electric starter is turning over, but I didn't get motor running. The HXA is in great shape, but engine is probably DOA. Valve cover is gone and somebody had been in there prob for parts. But the rest is in very nice shape. Perfect donor unit. Tires/wheels and hardware all good, deck, blades, height adjusters nice. I have 2 other HRX's, one of which has some miles on her and could use some newer parts from this mower. Surprisingly no rust even after being outdoors in the elements.

I also found a mulching baffle for my HR215 in a mountain of bags. lol.

I spent $40 out the door. If nothing else, I definitely made out in parts alone. Next project will be replacing the crankshaft in the HZA. Never done that before, so wish me luck. I might be showing up here for some guidance and tips once I get going.

Photos attached:

Attachments

• 20180311_132222.jpg
    20180311_132222.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 20180311_132510.jpg
    20180311_132510.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 9

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
So I ventured out to see what exactly this guy had. He is in NH. We just had a blizzard so the mowers were under snow and had to be dug out. He had 13 Hondas a little bit of everything. Tons of Toros. The mowers all had terminal issues. There were several HRC216's. One the motor was toast and the other the deck was toast.

I took home HRX217's...a HZA and an HXA. The HZA is in beautiful shape, but with bent crank shaft. The electric starter is turning over, but I didn't get motor running. The HXA is in great shape, but engine is probably DOA. Valve cover is gone and somebody had been in there prob for parts. But the rest is in very nice shape. Perfect donor unit. Tires/wheels and hardware all good, deck, blades, height adjusters nice. I have 2 other HRX's, one of which has some miles on her and could use some newer parts from this mower. Surprisingly no rust even after being outdoors in the elements.

I also found a mulching baffle for my HR215 in a mountain of bags. lol.

I spent $40 out the door. If nothing else, I definitely made out in parts alone. Next project will be replacing the crankshaft in the HZA. Never done that before, so wish me luck. I might be showing up here for some guidance and tips once I get going.

Photos attached:

Sounds like you fared pretty well, keep us up-dated !