Looking at buying

rbelgum

Forum Newbie
Threads
hello

Looking at buying a Troy Bilt Super Bronco XP 54, any pro,s or cons on this mower, currently have a JD 510 I haven't really been in love with the JD and its time to go. any advice would be helpful. I bought a Trot Bilt snow blower 3 years ago and have been very happy with it, so was looking at there mowers

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
A little mind trick when looking at replacing an old mower ( or any other big ticket item ).
Convert the original price to hours , days weeks of work it cost you.
Now multiply out that time by your current pay rate.
This is the minimum $ value you need to be looking at to get an equivalent mower.
People seem to think if they paid $ 2000 for the mower in 1990 they should be getting a machine of equivalent quality for $ 2000 in 2018.
It does not work that way.
You bought the JD with the hours you worked to get the money.
The money was just a convienent exchange medium that both the buyer & seller could use.
I still use some mowers from 1966 when they cost $ 600.
The $ 600 from 1966 equates to $ 18,000 in 2018 and for $ 18,000 I will get a mower that will last another 60 years.
For $ 600 I might get a walk behind that will last about 5 years.

D

(deleted)

This mower is great! It's super quiet and discrete. Directions were easy to understand. But it is costly I say.

RogerMower

Forum Newbie
Threads
I also heard this should be a great mower, but never tried it myselv. What the price concerns it also should be hell of a good mower. I'd have to find someone who owns it and ask about its reliability. Probable not just ask one but a few people. Good luck :smile: