HH70 Vs H70 internal parts

jp1961

Threads
Correction,,,the YouTube guy is sixtyfiveford not 65ford.

Regards

Jeff

Last edited:

Soonerbillz

Threads
Hi Scot,

I agree with Boobala,,,perform the teardown before ordering parts. You may find so many other parts that needs replacing, it may be cheaper to get a replacement engine from Harbor Freight or small engine warehouse.

There is a guy on YouTube that goes by the name of 65ford that does lots of small engine repair vids. He said an excellent source of a good used engine are from pressure washers as the pumps fail frequently. Check Craigslist.

Regards

Jeff

I appreciate the posts replies..
I built lots of motors over the 40 or so years.. from my first little 1 hp Briggs when I was like 8 or so to the racing bikes and drag cars I've campaigned over the years....so I have a good base of experience in this stuff..
But I don't know everything.. and thus my questioning posts..
The fact ya'll posted great advice shows this forum is a good place for folks of all ages and experience.. the welcoming attitudes are very much appreciated.
As for swapping out the motor.. I am determined to keep this one OEM... I love restoring stuff and they don't make cast iron small engines anymore.. so this one is cool piece to do.
I really did not know much about these particular model Tecumseh motors so this one kinda threw me for a loop..
Thanks,
Scott