Z125S ZTR

kajundude

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am in the market for a new ZTR. I have narrowed it down to a JD & Kubota Z125r. I will be mowing 4 acres
Can anyone give me pros and cons of the Kubota ?
How does the deck work in wet/damp grass? being in S. louisiana you have to mow wet grass from time to time.
How is the suspension seat? doesit really help on bumpy yards ?
thanks in advance

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I am in the market for a new ZTR. I have narrowed it down to a JD & Kubota Z125r. I will be mowing 4 acres
Can anyone give me pros and cons of the Kubota ?
How does the deck work in wet/damp grass? being in S. louisiana you have to mow wet grass from time to time.
How is the suspension seat? doesit really help on bumpy yards ?
thanks in advance

If you are cutting 4 acres I highly reccomend you look at something other than either of the listed. You can take a Tiger Cat Scag with a 52" deck and be out of that in 2 hours or there about. It has a great seat on it. I have run Kubota mowers in my business. I had a ZD 326 with a 60" deck that would not touch the Scag. I still have a ZG 222 Kubota with a 48" deck on it that we have a blower on to bag leaves. If I had to run it in my operation to cut grass daily I would sell it because it will not cut grass worth a hoot.

Kubota makes great tractors but they desperately need to redesign their mower decks.

A Tiger Cat Scag will run 20 years for you and do you an incredible job. I have one with over 1700 hours on it. One with over 1000 hours on it and one with almost 800 hours on it and abused is not a strong enough word for what they have been through.

We cut a lot of Pensacola Bahia Grass and point blank I will tell you that I have never seen anything that will cut Bahia Grass with a 52" Tiger Cat Scag with a Kawasaki engine on it. If I found something that would we would be running them.