Engine L110 starting issues please help!

sturner

Forum Newbie
Threads
My mower would do nothing when I turned the key. I ordered and installed solenoid and seat safety switch so far. I charged battery and it reads 11.2 volts as does the solenoid. when i turn the key in first position the lights come on now. When I turn the key more as to try and start it, it makes a sound like a faint clicking. I still have the egnition switch I will install today. I am at aloss after that unless its the starter itself. How do I test the starter for it being the issue? Any help I would greatly apprecaite.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Battery voltage is too low at 11.2V. Sound like nothing more than a bad battery.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Could also be a bad connection somewhere, battery is low so try another one.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
It should be over 12.5V fully charged. It sounds like it doesn't have enough voltage to actuate the starter solenoid. The clicking you hear is probably the fuel pump. It sounds like the battery was dead flat and you charged it and that it's back to life but it's damaged and doesn't have enough left in it.

sturner

Forum Newbie
Threads
It should be over 12.5V fully charged. It sounds like it doesn't have enough voltage to actuate the starter solenoid. The clicking you hear is probably the fuel pump. It sounds like the battery was dead flat and you charged it and that it's back to life but it's damaged and doesn't have enough left in it.

OK, I will try a brand new battery. Thanks for the input. I will be back afterwards.