What parts from a CS12.5S will fit a CV125 9 or a CV16S???

cmw

Threads
  • / What parts from a CS12.5S will fit a CV125 9 or a CV16S???
I have a 12.5HP Command CV12.5S that appears to have finally kicked the bucket. It was a good motor but came to me in abused condition and I never took it easy on it either although I always made sure the oil was changed and such. I took the valve cover off and believe that the failure is in the bottom end as the valve train appears to be fine. I will pull the head to be sure but think it is done for. It was running fine one instant and then it just lost all power and ground to a halt. It is also locked up and I cannot turn it by hand so I see this as a bad sign of something catastrophic in the bottom end.

This engine was in an old woods/ATV type mower that I had salvaged out of some junk and used to pull a small trailer full of tools and sometimes firewood. The 12.5HP seemed to be plenty of power for what I did with it. There is no mower deck which seems to be the majority of the load on a riding mower engine. I have a 9HP "CV125 9" engine that I salvaged out of some junk as well. I can spin it by hand and it has compression so can likely be made into a suitable replacement. It is missing some parts though, mainly the starter and carburetor. The overall age and styles of these two engines look very similar so I was hoping that parts from the CV12.5S would interchange to the CV125 9 and I could make that a good running unit.

Anyone know if these parts are interchangeable or not? There are some other numbers on the engines I can provide if they are needed. I also have a couple CV16S engines in service so if any parts would fit those, let me know. I will just bag them up and store them for when they are needed.

Thanks,

Conor