Craftsman Model 917288520 CRAFTSMAN TRACTOR Opinion

waltn

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Craftsman Model 917288520 CRAFTSMAN TRACTOR Opinion
I watch this site frequently but usually have nothing to add. I seen Cobra's question and I have the exactly same Craftsman. It's a 2011, no hour meter.
I got this for nothing. The owner said it was blown up. Had a blown head gasket, easy fix. Used it now for 2 seasons with no problems. I also have a 2009
Cub Cadet SLTX1054 bought new. Only replaced the 2 belts and 1 belt idler pulley.This 54" deck only works good with very dry grass, builds up with damp
grass. This also steers hard. The Craftsman works well with damp grass and steers very easy. Just my 2 cents. Walt

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you run across another craftsman 917 see if the Transaxle is a Dana 6 speed, I had one in my former 917 that was crap & not even a year old & the parts were obsolete.
I bought it new & thought having a Dana 6 speed was a good thing. NOT, they are made in china, had to swap it over to a Peerless that worked very well.

cobra390t

Threads
I wouldn't mind to consider the deal and keep all your suggestions in mind if the guy was trustworthy to disclose it was not running when i initially inquired about their post. However there is more mowers out there belong to much honest people

ramco

Forum Newbie
Threads
Been in the market looking for good reliable mower, Saw a local post for YT3000 Model 917288520 CRAFTSMAN TRACTOR that powered by B&S 21 XRD 21HP , seller seems to take a good care of it , no rust , good tires, seat is pretty good . He said it starts /run but might need a carb cleaning Or Carb replacement ( which is no big deal ) i can rebuild about any thing.

I was set on 2 brands in mind either Husqvyrna or cub cadet suit neither one of them seem to appear in my price range.

What is the good , Bad and ugly about this model as i can find much reviews
I HAVE HAD MINE FOR ABOUT 10 YEARS IT RUNS AND MOWS GREAT ONLY THING WAS I REPLACED THE MOTOR LAST YEAR BECAUSE THE OLD ONE WAS LEAKING MORE OIL THAN IT WAS WORTH. AND I JUST REPLACED THE PULLYS AND SPINDAILS THIS YEAR I HOPE TO GET ANOTHER 10 YEARS OUT OF IT

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Non running mowers go from 25-50 bucks.

Runners more towards the asking price.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I HAVE HAD MINE FOR ABOUT 10 YEARS IT RUNS AND MOWS GREAT ONLY THING WAS I REPLACED THE MOTOR LAST YEAR BECAUSE THE OLD ONE WAS LEAKING MORE OIL THAN IT WAS WORTH. AND I JUST REPLACED THE PULLYS AND SPINDAILS THIS YEAR I HOPE TO GET ANOTHER 10 YEARS OUT OF IT
THANKS FOR LETTING US KNOW.

Lawn Addict
Threads
YEAH.......