Vanguard Wiring

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I will be getting out to the garage on Saturday. Hoping to get it running.

IF you're retired, TODAY, .. IS Saturday !! .. I don't hear it !! .. :laughing:..:laughing:..:laughing:

qtband

Threads
IF you're retired, TODAY, .. IS Saturday !! .. I don't hear it !! .. :laughing:..:laughing:..:laughing:

BRAGGER!!! I have about 6 years left.....and yes, I'm counting!

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
BRAGGER!!! I have about 6 years left.....and yes, I'm counting!

Believe it or NOT ! SOMETIMES ... retirement really sucks, wait till ya start missing your daily "work-a-day" routine & co-workers, then youll discover BOREDOM !! then you'll start little "projects" and takin care of "Honey-do's" THAT'S when you'll wonder why you NEVER have the time to get everything done that you want to. BUT it is nice to NOT HAVE to go to work, no alarm clocks, no fighting rush-hour traffic and many other things, my morning coffee break(s) last about 9 hours ... :laughing:..:laughing:

qtband

Threads
Success! I started by taking off all the wiring and discarding most of it. I was left with only a few wires. Hooked one up to the + on the solenoid, black to ground, left the yellow where it was and she fired right up! I have since found out that this engine was originally on a commercial air compressor, which explains the pressure valve on the throttle. I removed it and had to adjust the idle. Now it idles and runs very good! I'll run some Seafoam in it to clean it out a little, but overall, A SUCCESS! Thanks everyone!

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Success! I started by taking off all the wiring and discarding most of it. I was left with only a few wires. Hooked one up to the + on the solenoid, black to ground, left the yellow where it was and she fired right up! I have since found out that this engine was originally on a commercial air compressor, which explains the pressure valve on the throttle. I removed it and had to adjust the idle. Now it idles and runs very good! I'll run some Seafoam in it to clean it out a little, but overall, A SUCCESS! Thanks everyone!

WE just love to hear successful endings !! .. :thumbsup: