Edgeit Pro

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
They do not make one for my trimmer so I was thinking of making something like it but with the ability to still use the trimmer when it is attached.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
SORRY !! I'm "old-school" I'll stick to edging with my "Shindaiwa stick-edgers", it's MY opinion, a "blade" gives a better "manicured" look to the lawn, when I worked with my son's lawn service ( South Fl. ..years ago ) most South Fl. yards are Saint Augustine grass ..... very thick and fast growing, in several neighborhoods, we would actually use new blades and "kick" the blade at a slight angle when edging, giving a 1 to 1 1/2 inch space between the lawn and the drive / walkways (concrete / NEVER Asphalt) a sort of "trench" which resulted in a look, as if the lawn was a "laid-in" piece of green carpet, of course the homeowners agreed to a bit higher charge for "that-look" because it involved a bit more blowing to get the resulting dirt away from the lawn, (and it of course used more blades) but after the initial edging, you only needed to edge it on the 3rd or 4th cutting, and, it was usually faster as the trench was already there, NO I'm NOT givin up on my stick-edgers, besides ...edging and trimming are 2 different things, edging with a line trimmer is the lazy man's way out ! ..:laughing:..:laughing:

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
In my area we don't have much for concrete to edge so blades are out for the most part. Even the town sidewalks are mostly asphalt.

primerbulb120

Threads
SORRY !! I'm "old-school" I'll stick to edging with my "Shindaiwa stick-edgers", it's MY opinion, a "blade" gives a better "manicured" look to the lawn, when I worked with my son's lawn service ( South Fl. ..years ago ) most South Fl. yards are Saint Augustine grass ..... very thick and fast growing, in several neighborhoods, we would actually use new blades and "kick" the blade at a slight angle when edging, giving a 1 to 1 1/2 inch space between the lawn and the drive / walkways (concrete / NEVER Asphalt) a sort of "trench" which resulted in a look, as if the lawn was a "laid-in" piece of green carpet, of course the homeowners agreed to a bit higher charge for "that-look" because it involved a bit more blowing to get the resulting dirt away from the lawn, (and it of course used more blades) but after the initial edging, you only needed to edge it on the 3rd or 4th cutting, and, it was usually faster as the trench was already there, NO I'm NOT givin up on my stick-edgers, besides ...edging and trimming are 2 different things, edging with a line trimmer is the lazy man's way out ! ..:laughing:..:laughing:

I disagree suddenly with you about this. Edges are to be as wide as the edger blade is thick, not 1.5 inches wide. Wide edges are not good for the lawn and are an invitation to weeds and disease. They also take more work and are harder to create and maintain.

My edges are done with a Stihl FC90 and are approx. 0.110 inches thick. If I want them to look extra good, I throw on an Oregon star blade and walk backwards.

primerbulb120

Threads
In my area we don't have much for concrete to edge so blades are out for the most part. Even the town sidewalks are mostly asphalt.

Down here it's all concrete and the grass grows too fast for a weedeater.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I disagree suddenly with you about this. Edges are to be as wide as the edger blade is thick, not 1.5 inches wide. Wide edges are not good for the lawn and are an invitation to weeds and disease. They also take more work and are harder to create and maintain.

My edges are done with a Stihl FC90 and are approx. 0.110 inches thick. If I want them to look extra good, I throw on an Oregon star blade and walk backwards.

We never saw problems, only compliments, ..... don't knock it till you've tried it !! ...!cid_AF79B88D-FD92-4530-86BE-201CB483FD61.gif